As a homeowner, you may have purchased your home with the intention of making changes as you go along, or may be thinking about adding improvements to get the property ready for resale. No matter the reason, it may be a good idea to consult and hire an interior decorator to assist you with upgrades or staging.
While getting ready for your home remodeling project, you may want to clean out certain areas or move some items to a self-storage unit to have a blank canvas. Even if you’re contemplating the money that will be spent, it may be worth checking out. Here’s a couple of reasons for hiring an interior decorator:
- It can help protect your investment – It's not a good thing to “wing it” when trying to upgrade your surroundings. If you have no clue about color blends or what marble is as opposed to travertine, you may want to get an expert in that knows how to match colors and textures to give you the effect you are looking for.
- It can define and/or refine your style – You may not know what your style is and may be used to having a jumbled collection of a lot of different things. An experienced interior decorator can take your ideas and turn them into something wonderful or steer you in the right direction to hone your vision.
- It can save you time – Using an interior decorator can give you an opportunity to do other things. You can oversee the project but you won’t have to do all the legwork that major remodeling projects usually need.
- Interior decorators know and understand style and trends – they frequent design conferences and read design magazines to make sure you know what’s in, what’s coming, what’s timeless and what’s on the way out.
- Interior decorators can help you plan a timeline and can stick to a design that will work within your budget – It’s always good to have a budget in which to work. An interior designer will know how best to allocate your funds to maximize your investment.
- Interior designers have contacts. Lots of them. They work with reputable agencies and other experts to get things done. They have the inside track on a good contractor, etc.
You may have wanted to do a major remodel but realize this is not in your scope of work or a competency you have. Good interior designers go to school and join organizations that can help their careers. Taking the time to speak to a couple of designers can really be worth your time. Make sure you find reputable designers that have a portfolio of their work. You want to have a beautiful setting that was done in the least amount of time and within your budget. Let the experts capture your vision and bring it to life. You will be shocked and amazed at what can transpire as long as you have a budget. Ready, get set, go! Happy remodeling!